Laser Nail Fungus Treatment
Below is a list of some sample prices for laser nail fungus treatment from Totally Feet podiatry and Laser Center. Prices do vary based on region.
|Laser Nail Fungus Treatment Packages||Price||Special Deals|
|One Foot Laser Nail Fungus Treatment||$200||$*|
|The one foot package allows those who only have one foot infected to pay as they go.|
|Individual Laser Nail Fungus Treatment||$350||$280*|
|This package is for the individual who want to pay as they go. You can purchase what you want when you want it.|
|Premium Laser Nail Fungus Treatment||$950||$650*|
|The Premium Laser Nail Fungus Treatment Package is recommended for those that have significant nail disease. This package includes 3 treatments at 30 and 60 days after the initial treatment.|
|Premium Plus Laser Nail Fungus Treatment||$1380||$880*|
|The Premium Plus Laser Nail Fungus Treatment Package is recommended for those who have severe nail disease and willing to try everything available to maximize efficacy. This package includes 4 laser fungus treatment at day 1, 30, 60, and 90 days, pulse dosing with oral medication (terbinafine) and topical medication. Pulse dosing with oral terbinafine reduces the risk of side effects and increases the efficacy of the laser. Note: Individuals must be willing and able to take oral terbinafine or Lamisil tablets. Read this to make sure you are a candidate. Terbinafine Packaging Information
|Elite Laser Nail Fungus Treatment Package||$1800||$1050*|
|The Elite Laser Nail Fungus Treatment Package includes additional laser treatments at 30 days, 60 days, 6 months, 9 months, and 1year to 18 months. This package is ideal for those that have severe infections and those that want long term care. This package can be split for two individuals. If a husband and wife would like to have treatment together, this is the package for you, you will each receive 3 treatments.|
* Specials and promotions are limited to 1 per person this includes office specials or any other promotion.
The patient below had gone to another clinic for laser nail fungus treatment, she saw no improvement, we admitted her into our intense nail fungus eradication program in July. She had little hope, she is totally amazed at the amount of improvement in just 3 months, we are expecting a complete cure as the nail completely sheds the damaged nail.
- We use the most effective laser, the Genesis Plus laser system is specifically designed for podiatry, including laser nail fungus treatment. The Genesis Plus has been proven to have the best results of any other laser system on the market. The settings we use are specifically designed for the treatment of nail fungus. We do NOT use a laser hair removal laser or a laser designed for other applications.
- Dr. Oehler is a podiatrist with more than 15 years of experience.
- Proper preparation of the nail is critical for optimal results. Nails need to be cleaned, debrided, and thinned for laser treatments to work, we prepare our patients nails for all laser nail fungus removal treatments.
- We are all about long term care and preventing reinfection, we work with each of our patients to develop a plan, our plans are unique to each of our patients’ needs.
- At totally feet podiatry and laser center we are committed to offering the most effective care and treatments to our patients. We understand the limitations of laser nail fungus removal treatments and oral medication and we are developing the latest treatments.
- We are performing a trial in our office, our preliminary results have been life changing for our patients. Patients are going taking vacations to the beach and going BARE FOOT, they are showing off their feet.
Lasers and Laser Nail Fungus Treatment
At this point it is not clear what is killing the fungus under the nails. There are different theories on the mechanism of action (MOA) but we are still not able to definitively identify a particular action, we just know it works better than anything else. Lasers are absorbed by different components in our cells called chromophores. The most common chromophores are hemoglobin, melanin, and water. The lasers most effective for onychomycosis are highly absorbed by hemoglobin and melanin. Parameters that have been studied and proven to reduce the nail fungus are available in a few lasers. Currently, it appears Nd:yag 1064nm with a spot sizes of 5mm, is going to be the most effective and able to treat the toenails in 15-30 minutes..
Realistic Expectations and Recommended Treatments
Realistic outcomes and treatment protocol depend on the severity of the infection and the individual. For a more detailed description of onychomycosis and levels of severity take a look at our Nail Infection Page. A resent study suggests 81% of patients had complete or moderate clearance of the nails.
I believe that adequate debridement prior to laser treatment will improve the outcome. It is critical, potential patients do their homework and be sure the individual providing the service is capable of medically debriding the nails to no more than 2mm in thickness, so the laser can be most effective. Most studies suggest 1 treatment for mild cases and 3 treatments for moderate to severe cases.
It is important patients proceed with preventative care program. Preventation should include treating shoes with the SteriShoe, skin with antifungal cream, and the nails with Formula 3. This will help to prevent reinfection of the nails in those who are genetically more susceptible to the nail fungus. The best method of disinfecting shoes is with the SteriShoe, some patients opt to try Shoe Shield, or Clean Sweep spray.
The number of treatments an individual needs will depend on the severity of the infection and the genetic makeup of the person being treated. Because the infection is usually progressive it often depends on the amount of time a person has had the infection.
Mild cases where discoloring is isolated to the tip of the toenail and thickening is minimal, 1 treatment may be enough. People with more than half of the nail infected and thickening of the nails, I recommend our 3 treatment package. This will offer the best results for these more moderate to severe cases. Patients with complete nail involvement and severe thickening of the nails may have limited improvement in their nails. If the root of the nail has been damaged by the fungus or an injury, permanent damage may have occurred. There is no real easy way to know if damage to the root of the nail has taken place. I recommend a treat and see approach.
Totally Feet Podiatry and Laser Center is now offering the Premium Plus Nail Fungus Treatment Package. Our Premium Plus Package is available for those who want to try everything out of the shoot or those that have gone through laser treatments without achieving desired results. The treatment includes 4 laser treatments, 4 weeks of terbinafine, topical terbinafine, and 3 follow up appointments. The terbinafine was is given in a pulse dosing regimen to minimize the risk of side effects. I am expecting better efficacy and better long term results. For more details take a look at Trial Study to Evaluate Oral Terbinafine in Conjunction with Laser Therapy
The bottom line: No treatment is 100% effective for nail fungus Removal, our laser is the most effective and more effective than any other treatment on the market and has no side effects. At totally feet podiatry and laser center we are committed to offering the most effective care and treatments to our patients.
There are many important factors when considering the right laser for a specific treatment. NOT all lasers are created equally. There are 4 main technical capabilities of a laser that need to be assessed to establish the efficacy for a particular type of treatment. Unless a laser is specifically designed for a treatment, it is not likely capable of the most effective treatment parameters.
- Fluence– Power over a set time to a set amount of area. Measured in Joules/cm2; Joules = Watts x Time
- Pulse Width– Measures the length of time a laser is exposing the target tissue. This with the fluence determines how much energy is delivered to the target tissues.
- Spot Size– Refers to the diameter of the laser beam and helps control the depth the laser will travel through the tissues
- Wavelength- is generated by the materials used to generate the laser beam. This is one of the most important characteristics of the laser because it determines how much energy is absorbed by particular targets in the tissue and how deep the laser will travel through the tissues.
Many companies will claim a high maximum amount of power without stating a spot size or pulse width. Potential patients should make sure they select the right doctor for their treatment. A spot size and wavelength are the most important factors in determining the penetration of the laser in to the tissues. The 1064nm wavelength has the best penetration of any laser on the market, making it very versatile and the choice of many. If the laser is capable of meeting the effective parameters, it can be used to treat hair removal, onychomycosis, spider veins, reticular veins, erythema, skin rejuvenation, scar reduction, and many problems. Laser Treatment of Nail Fungus (Onychomycosis) Rounded Rectangle: Pre and Post Laser Treatment care for Onychomycosis
Anti-fungal Treatments Worth Considering
Keywords, Laser Nail Fungus Removal, Nail Fungus Treatment, laser nail, laser fungus westminster,nail infection, nail disease, nail, toenail, Laser toenail, laser fingernail, fingernail infection, laser nail fungus westminster